By subscribing to any part of Meanwhile in Markets, you indicated that you accept these Terms and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not use the service
1. Use of Meanwhile in Markets Services
- You must be 18 years of age or over to use the service and/or to make any purchases.
- Use of the service requires a connection to the Internet and appropriate telecommunication infrastructure. We are not liable for any costs you may incur from use of such.
- You will need to register to use the service by creating an account with Meanwhile in Markets. This is so that we can provide you with easy access to your personal section of the website. You can register directly with us in order to use the service. If you choose to create an account with us, you agree to provide only accurate, complete registration information, and you will keep that information up-to-date if it changes. When you register to become a customer, you need to submit your name and a valid email address. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account, log-in details hould not share these with any other party. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify Meanwhile in Markets immediately if you suspect any unauthorised use of your account or any other breach of security. Meanwhile in Markets cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section. Any accounts which have been registered with another person’s email address or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their accounts if we suspect use of an invalid email address.
2. Availability and Access to the Service
- We will use reasonable endeavours to notify you in advance of scheduled maintenance but you acknowledge that you may receive no advance notification for downtime caused by emergency maintenance or events outside of our reasonable control.
- We cannot guarantee that the service will always be available. Sometimes there are errors which affect the availability of the website or which require us to undertake some maintenance work.
- The price of the paid subscription will be the price stated either on our website and will be communicated to you when you sign up for the Paid-for Version. All prices listed on our website are exclusive of VAT and other applicable sales taxes.
3. Customer Responsibility
- You warrant that all information you provide on registration and contained as part of your account on this Platform is true, complete and accurate and that you will promptly inform us of any changes to such information by updating the details in your account.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any services, content or information available through Meanwhile in Markets meet your specific requirements.
- You agree to act in a responsible and legal manner when using Meanwhile in Markets services. You shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules and undertake not to use Meanwhile in Markets for any unlawful purpose, for the commission of any offense or crime under the laws of any jurisdiction to which access is obtained through the service or in a manner which is likely to cause harm, offense or nuisance to any other Internet user.
4. You agree not to use the service to:
- post content that is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- post content that contains violence, or offensive subject matter;
- post or promote information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- post content or initiate communications which are unlawful, libellous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable;
- post content that furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities;
- create a false identity on the service impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your name, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- use the service for any illegal purpose, criminal or tortious activity, including but not limited to, fraud, spamming, spimming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement or theft of trade secrets;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communications which include information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or other relationships (such as proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements) or which infringes any intellectual property rights;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programmes or similar computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, limit or adversely affect the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the service, in particular the non-public areas, the server on which the service is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the service;
- attack the service via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack;
- interfere with or disrupt Meanwhile in Markets or servers or networks connected to this service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to this service;
- display on the service or use in connection with the service any pirated software or any copyrighted materials or counterfeit materials without the permission of the copyright holder; or
- display on the service or use in connection with the service any materials which in any way infringe the copyright, other intellectual property rights or proprietary rights of a third party or which may otherwise render Meanwhile in Markets liable to the payment of damages to any third party.
- e) Meanwhile in Markets reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in our opinion, violates this provision, including, without limitation, reporting you to appropriate law enforcement authorities.
- f) We reserve the right to remove or suspend any material posted which is, in our sole opinion, in breach of this clause, or which we suspect to be in breach of this clause at our absolute discretion. Meanwhile in Markets shall be entitled to terminate your registration for breach of this clause.
5. Your Personal Information
- Any material or content you transmit or post to the service shall be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
- You understand that by posting materials and/or information on the service or otherwise providing materials to Meanwhile in Markets via any media, you are granting us a worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable licence to use such materials and information for any purpose in the course of providing the service or offering the Meanwhile in Markets.
- You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the materials and/or information posted by you on or through the Meanwhile in Markets or otherwise have the right to grant the licence set forth in this section 5, and (ii) the posting of your materials and/or information on or through the Meanwhile in Markets does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, moral rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of any content posted by you to or through the Meanwhile in Markets.
- You are permitted to print and download limited extracts from the service for your own personal use provided that:
- no documents or related graphics on the service are modified in any way;
- no graphics on the service are used separately from corresponding text; and
- Meanwhile in Markets’s copyright and trade mark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies. Our status (and that of any identifying contributors) as the authors of any material on the service must always be acknowledged.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- You must not use, copy or reproduce any part of the materials on the service for commercial purposes or for use on any other digital platform without obtaining prior written consent to do so from us or our licensors.
- If you print off, copy or download any part of the service in breach of these Terms, your right to use the service will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
7. Intellectual Property
- the service contains intellectual property, which is the proprietary property of Meanwhile in Markets (“Meanwhile in Markets IP”). This includes, but is not limited to, copyrights, trade marks, information about technology, and other proprietary rights, and may be provided in the form of text, graphic, audio and video downloads, links or source codes. Meanwhile in Markets retains the rights to the Meanwhile in Markets IP and reserves all rights in respect of same.
- Subject to these Terms, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited, revocable and non-sublicensable right to access and use the service and the material displayed thereon. However, no right, title or interest in any such materials will be granted or transferred to you as a result of any permitted use of such materials.
- All materials incorporated in or accessible through the service, including, without limitation, text, photographs, images, graphics, illustrations, logos, button icons, audio clips, video clips, software and other content, and the compilation, collection, arrangement and assembly thereof (including the look and feel of the service), are owned, controlled or licensed by Meanwhile in Markets, or by the original creators of such materials or their permitted licensors. Such materials may be used only for viewing the service in the ordinary course or as a resource for using the Meanwhile in Markets through the service. Any other use of such materials, including any copying, reproduction, modification, sale, distribution, extraction, re-use, transmission, republication, downloading, display, posting, performance or other exploitation thereof by any means or medium without the prior written permission of the copyright owner is strictly prohibited.
- In respect of all content or material that you submit or post on the service:
- you grant us a worldwide, irrevocable royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute such material in any media, together with the right to sub-licence such rights; and
- you confirm that you have obtained the consent of any individual identified in such material to the posting of the material on the service.
- In the event that your contributions to the service infringe any rights of any third party, you shall, at your own expense and at our discretion, either obtain the right to use such contribution or render such contribution free from infringement.
8. Suspension and Termination
Your termination rights
- You may cancel your subscription at any time by following the cancellation instructions set out on the website
- If you end your subscription in accordance with clause 8(a), any payments already made to us are non-refundable (this includes any payment of discounted fees).
Our termination rights
we may terminate your subscription, close your account and prevent your access to and use of the service and Meanwhile in Markets with immediate effect by giving written notice to you if:
- you commit a material breach of any of these Terms and (if such breach is remediable) you fail to remedy that breach within a period of thirty (30) days after being notified in writing to do so;
- you are in breach of any applicable law;
- any amount due to us is outstanding for thirty (30) days following the applicable due date to make such payment;
- in our reasonable opinion, the security or integrity of the service or Meanwhile in Markets Service has been, or may be, compromised or is otherwise at risk;
- required by a regulatory authority; or
- you have, or we reasonably suspect that you have mis-used the service or any of the Meanwhile in Markets.
9. Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability – IMPORTANT – YOUR ATTENTION IS DRAWN TO THIS SECTION
- Nothing in this clause 9 affects our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- Subject to clause 9(a), Meanwhile in Markets is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or on any of the Meanwhile in Markets or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to your or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in connection with the Meanwhile in Markets. Access to the service may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond Meanwhile in Markets’s control.
- Subject to clause 9(a) Meanwhile in Markets is not legally responsible for:
- losses that:
- were not foreseeable to us and you when the agreement was formed; or
- that were not caused by any breach on our part;
- business losses; and
- losses to non-consumers.
10. Investment Advice
- Meanwhile in Markets is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and does not offer any regulated services. The content, commentary and materials posted on the service are strictly for public information and distribution purposes only and are not intended to address your particular requirements. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on commentary or materials by any user of this Platform, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
- You understand and agree that the Meanwhile in Markets do not constitute any form of advice, recommendation, endorsement or arrangement. The information published on the service should not be interpreted as a recommendation for you to buy, sell, or hold that or any other security, financial product or investment. The opinions expressed on the service do not constitute investment advice.
- The Meanwhile in Markets do not provide tax, legal or investment advice or opinion regarding the suitability, value or profitability of any particular security, portfolio or investment strategy. Independent advice should be obtained before making any such decision from your financial adviser, tax adviser or solicitor.
- In using the Meanwhile in Markets you acknowledge that:
- the service, and the commentary, material and content displayed on the service, are provided for information purposes only and are not intended for trading purposes;
- the service may include certain information taken from stock exchanges and other sources from around the world; and
- you expressly agree that your use of the Meanwhile in Markets and the service is at your sole risk.
- Meanwhile in Markets and its members, officers, directors, and employees (or a member of their household) may have positions in, or may buy or sell any of the securities, derivative instruments or other investments mentioned or described in content, either as agent or principal for their own account.